** Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019, which provides information regarding disability access requirements and resources to business owners. To read the full notice in English, click HERE
. To view in other languages click HERE
City of Los Alamitos - New Business License Application
** Important Notice - Effective August 1, 2019, new applicants based in the City of Los Alamitos and operating from a commercial or residential (home) location
are required to start with the zoning review process and pay the appropriate zoning fees. If required, a zoning form will be emailed to you after submitting
your online application. Once your location is approved by the Development Service Department you will receive a separate invoice for business license
taxes and fees that are due. A business license certificate will be issued after all taxes and fees are paid in full.
What you need to know to get started:
1. Most business licenses are renewed on a annual basis and expire on July 31st of each year.
2. The business start date is the first date your business started operating in the City of Los Alamitos.
3. Employee identification numbers are required for all new businesses. Sole owner or partnerships are
required to provide Social Security number for all owners/partners. LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or
Corporations are required to provide a Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN)
or State Employee Identification Number (SEIN) for the business.
4. No payment will be required until your application has been reviewed and accepted. You will receive
an email verifying the receipt of application. Within 5 business days you will receive an email containing
the amount due and instructions on how to make payment online.
The City of Los Alamitos would like to welcome you to its business community. We know that starting
a new business can be exciting and challenging. We wish you the greatest success in your new venture!
If you need any assistance with the application process, please call (562) 222-8742
to speak with a customer service representatives.
* * PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND SELECT THE BLUE “BEGIN REGISTRATION” BUTTON TO CONTINUE * *